What is Senior High School?
Will SHS mean two more years of High School?
- Yes. These two additional years will equip learners with skills that will better prepare them for the future, whether it be:
- Skills Development (Further Tech-Voc training)
- Higher Education (College)
Will the additional two years of High School mean additional expenses?
- Not necessarily.
- Senior High School “completes” basic education by making sure that the high school graduate is equipped for work, entrepreneurship, or higher education. This is a step up from the 10-year cycle where high school graduates still need further education (and expenses) to be ready for the world.
- SHS will be offered free in public schools and there will be a voucher program in place for public junior high school completers as well as ESC beneficiaries of private high schools should they choose to take SHS in private institutions.
- This means that the burden of expenses for the additional two years need not be completely shouldered by parents.
Will SHS ensure employment for me?